Sunday, October 21, 2012

No Sunday Night Blues Here...

This weekend my roomates and I went on a Fall trip. Basically, anything you can think of that would describe Fall, we did. The leaves were in full swing as we drove up to North Carolina, winding through the Nantahala Forest. We visited Highlands and Cashiers, saw the amazing, grammy award winning Nashville Bluegrass Band, and hiked in the Panthertown Valley. It was only 2 1/2 hours away, so you have no excuse for not getting out of the city and enjoying some of the fine, Fall foliage.  



On our way back from our hike we stopped at the BEST restaurant in Cashiers, Cornucopia. The building has been there since the 1800s and it was packed! Once I saw sprouts + avocado I was sold..can't ask for much more.



      

In Highlands, we ran across Sallie of Sallie's Greatest! She had me at hello with her large sample tray of cheese and jam spreads. Then, when she threw in Garden and Gun I was sold. (Sallie recently won a Garden and Gun award for Made in the South.) She went on to explain how she started her company, and that never in her wildest dreams did she imagine all of this!  I bought the Blueberry Lemon + Thyme spread which goes best with goat cheese (personal favorite) but her special edition Blackberry Spice + Sage just came out and it was a close second. Her website is also awesome, with great recipes and good gift baskets, not to mention she's not to far away in Cameron, Tennessee; basically if you like good jams, check her out. As Sallie's site says, it's jam good.



Sinceriously yours,

Courtney 

(note: as this was a girls weekend, I was tasked with taking all of the photos, so these are just simple uploads from my Android, which I must admit aren't looking too shabby) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS